Social Media is a wonderful place. We enjoy it in many ways, to gain information, to do entertainment and sometimes to connect with people. Social media has spread its legs among us in a big way. Social Media has come up with a bang within a span of 10 years. We are very much reliable on social media and we cannot live without it.
Short and Long Paragraphs on Social Media – Boon or Bane in English
This page has some sets of paragraphs which will tell each and every aspect of social media which justifies social media as boon or bane. We hope that you will like them.
Paragraph 1 – 100 Words (What is Social Media?)
Social Media is web based technology that allows people to connect, communicate and share ideas, thoughts and beliefs in no time. It requires only an internet connection to be on social media. Social Media uses technologies to aware, entertain and spread information across the world. In past few years social media has taken a boom as number of people joined social media. It is convenient and interactive which makes people comfortable while sharing ideas and thoughts.
People use social media for business promotion and to bring audience for their products so that they can increase sales and grow their business. Apart from that graphics like photos and videos are also a part social media to connect people.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words (History of Social Media)
There are billions of people using social media currently in the world. From the start individuals were unconscious of what really is online media. To make companions and associate individuals with one another a stage called Six Degrees. It permitted clients to make profile and make companions. It was dispatched in the year 1997 and shut down in 2001.
Freindster came to the market in 2002, following in the footsteps of Six Degrees. LinkedIn and MySpace launched in 2002. During the year 2008, Facebook surpassed MySpace as the most viewed website in the universe, marking the beginning of the big rise in social media. Notwithstanding, Facebook was at first restricted to Harvard Students when dispatched in 2004.Youtube was dispatched in 2005, Instagram came in 2010 and Snapchat made presence in the year 2011.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words (Types of Social Media)
Social Media is divided on the basis of their usage and content shared. Social Media are used in different ways. From sharing photos to sharing of reviews social media are divided into many types. Some of them are mentioned below.
Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are popular social networking sites. We can collaborate with brands and friends on these platforms. Their focus is on communication and interaction between people.
For Image Sharing
Our hearts, eyes, and imaginations are captured by images, infographics, and illustrations. Several social media platforms, including Instagram, Imgur, and Snapchat, are designed to allow people to share images more effectively.
Video hosting sites
Video watching, creating, and thinking have been transformed by YouTube. A new form of accessibility was created through this process. Video has gone the rest of the way thanks to recent improvements in technology and connectivity.
You cannot cover all topics in one post, but another post can just summarize your message. Not everybody on the web wants to maintain a self-hosted blog.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words (Advantages of Social Media)
Social Media is very much advantageous in many ways from promoting business to spreading information social media can be utilized in a good way. Some of the advantages are listed below-
1. Connecting – People from all over the word can get connected on social media. Social Media allows people to share photos, videos and texts called posts on social media. On the post people can comment their thoughts and have discussions. Also, people can form groups where they can post thoughts and ideas with feedbacks.
2. Promotion – Many businesses nowadays rely on social media to promote their brands and sell them online. This makes companies to connect with audiences in no time. Social Media provides tools and techniques to increase reach and influence people. Many small businesses use these social media promotions to sell products. In fact, social media provides market place platform for the same.
3. Information – Many government agencies use social media to aware people regarding different works and events taking place. In the time of COVID-19, government used social media to make people aware about how to be healthy and boost immunity. After that people used social media to aware about vaccinations. Also, experts go live to give their opinions about different disciplines and inform people about any particular event.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words (Disadvantages of Social Media)
Since everything has two sides, Social Media is also like that. There are many disadvantages of social media which exist and we should care about that. Internet has a lot of things going on at the same time. We generally don’t see these disadvantages and generally never realize them until it happens with us. The disadvantages that can make people think social media as a bane are following-
1. Fake News – Since there is a lot of information floating on social media. Whenever, we hear much news daily. Some are good some are bad. But the bad one prevails. There is a lot of news that need verification, we generally feel whatever we are consuming is true. We need to understand that everything on social media is not true. Since, anyone can post anything on social media.
2. Privacy – There have been cases where many social media platform have been accused of stealing data and selling it to third party communities. We generally share our personal information like location, sensitive information and personal info which causes problems like threats and spying. There are some incidents when people shared their information which was seen by people who were targeting them and committing heinous crimes.
3. Explicit Content – Since anyone can post anything on social media, people post some content which is not good to see or consume. These contents include vulgar things, sexual content and brutal things. These content can sometime drive people to do something wrong or can lead to a condition where people feel insecure on social media.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The technologies through which can create, and share information and other forms of expressions virtually.
Ans. Around 3.96 billion people are there on social media.
Ans. Instagram is the most popular social media platform.
Ans. Spreading fake news, losses of privacy health issues like eye damage are some disadvantage of social media.