Constitution Day is a national event. For paying respect towards our Indian Constitution, the Government of India decided to dedicate a day for it, For a better understanding of Constitution Day, we have prepared some of the important paragraphs in the below section. Kindly go through it as per your needs.
Short and Long Paragraphs on National Constitution Day
Paragraph 1 – 100 Words
Constitution Day is annually celebrated on the 26th of November. It is celebrated for paying honor towards our Indian Constitution. On 26th November 1949, the Final Structure of the Indian Constitution was came into effect. However, it was adopted on 26th January 1950.
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was the drafter of the Indian Constitution. For remembering his outstanding efforts towards our nation and constitution, we celebrate Constitution Day of India. A constitution is the base of a democracy. Indian Constitution is carrying a remarkable history. It includes the contribution of the Constitution drafting committee members and their outstanding efforts.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words
Constitution Day is marked on 26th of November yearly. It is a national event dedicated to our Indian Constitution. It tells the glory of our Indian Constitution and stories behind its final structure.
On 11th October 2015, PM Narendra Modi announced that 26th November will be celebrated as National Constitution Day. Year 2015 was celebrated for the 125th birth anniversary of B. R. Ambedkar. PM inaugurated foundation stone of B.R. Ambedkar’s Statue in Mumbai and while addressing the public in the same event he made the declaration of Constitution Day.
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was the chairperson of the Drafting Committee of Constitution Assembly. He played a crucial role in the Indian Constitution. So on 19th of November 2015 Government of India drafted a final gazette for the official acceptance of 26th November as Constitution Day.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words
Constitution Day is commemorated on 26th of November. It reminds the importance of the Indian Constitution among general public. The objective of the Constitution Day of India is to aware citizens of our nation for their rights.
What is the Objective of Constitution Day?
Constitution day is celebrated for paying respect towards our Indian constitution. It aims to aware of Indian citizens for the framework of our constitution and drafter of our Indian Constitution. Constitution Day spreads the ideologies of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar. The importance of our Indian constitution still untold to various people. For increasing its relevance to each and every citizen of India, Constitution Day is celebrated. Constitution Day is devoted to telling the importance of the Indian constitution. It has the same importance as any other national event.
The constitution of India was written in English and Hindi Both. The final adaption of the Indian Constitution was gone through 2000 amendments. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was called as Father of the Indian Constitution. He drafted the final structure of the Indian Constitution.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words
Constitution Day is observed on 26th November yearly. Previously it was known as National Law Day. Since 2015, the celebration of Constitution Day takes place in Government offices, schools, and colleges.
In Government Offices
- Ministry of External Affairs accesses all the Indian embassies for the celebration of the National Constitution Day of India.
- As per the Instructions, Government on the occasion of Constitution Day Indian constitution is translated in various languages and published for the general Indian public.
- There is a special session organize in parliament on constitution day in memory of Late B. R. Ambedkar.
- On the eve of Constitution Day, Department of Sports organizesthe “Run for Equality” event.
- In 2019, on the occasion ofthe 70th Constitution day “Run for Ambedkar” event was organized in Vishakhapatnam.
In Schools & Colleges
- In Schools, the Preamble of India is recited as the opening speech on Constitution Day.
- On the eve of Constitution Day, Essay writing competitions are organized in both online and offline modes.
- Quiz completion, story writing competition, and similar events are observed.
- November, University Grants Commission (UGC), the regulatory body of all universities running across the country, conducts quiz competition at Lucknow University.
- Cultural and GK quizzes are also organized in various colleges running in the country.
- Various law colleges across the nation pay tribute to B. R. Ambedkar and organize some cultural and education-based events.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words
Constitution Day is also known as Samvidhan Divas. First Constitution Day was observed on 26th November 2015. Indian constitution is inspired from different nation’s constitutions. For telling its importance to the nation, the Indian Government declared 26th November as Constitution Day.
Some Facts about Constitution of India
- Indian Constitution was come into effect from the 26th of November 1949.
- Total 283 members of parliament signed the original document of the Indian Constitution.
- The hand-written copies of Indian Constitution were kept in helium boxes as for their security.
- Indian Constitution is the longest hand-written document in the world.
- The Indian Constitution Assembly was established in 1946.
- Indian Constitution is known as “Bag of Borrowing”.
- The Constitution of India contains 448 articles in 25 parts, 12 schedules, 5 appendices, and 98 amendments.
- Indian Government declared National Law Day as National Constitution Day on the 11th of October 2015.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was the drafter of our Indian Constitution.
- Constitution Day tells his legacy to the generation.
Constitution Day: Tribute to the Indian Constitution
Constitution Day of India is celebrated for paying a tribute towards the establishment of our Indian constitution. Globally India is recognized as the largest democracy in the world and the constitution of India makes the largest democracy well defined and ethically special. Constitution Day of India is as important as other national events like Independence Day, Republic Day and that is the reason why general citizens must be aware of the day.