Definition of Distributive Pronoun
Distributive pronoun can be defined as “A distributive pronoun considers members of a group separately, rather than collectively. They include each, any, either, neither and others.”
What is Distributive Pronoun
Distributive pronoun is a pronoun which denotes persons or things of group separately that's why they always become singular and followed by the singular verbs.
This pronoun is used to indicate all the members of representative group. Some of the distributive pronouns are like each, either, neither, everyone, any, none, no one, etc.
Examples of Distributive Pronoun
Following are the examples of distributive pronoun:
- Each of the students have participated in the drama act.
- I may buy either of these two gifts.
- Neither of them plays well.
- Each one of you will be awarded with bravery award.
- Everyone must finish the breakfast.
- Either of you can help me in this matter.
- Neither of you has qualified this exam to go ahead.
- Each of the parents should take care of their children.
- Either of you may answer the questions asked by me.
- Neither of the answer given by you is correct.
- Any of you can join the program as a leader of the team.
- None of our friends went to the Christmas party.
Distributive Pronoun Exercises for you
We have provided below some exercises in order to help you to improve your knowledge about distributive pronoun. You need to get detail information about distributive pronoun provided above and check your skill by doing following exercises.
Choose correct distributive pronouns from the following sentences and match with the given answer:
- Each of you has received the prize.
- Either favor you can choose.
- Neither of the answer is true.
- Each of you has to come at right time.
- Each of you is responsible for yourself.
- You can sit on either side of me.
- Neither of you is selected for the final.
- Everyone of us got prize for winning the competition.
- Teacher gave us a pen each.
- Neither of the subject is interesting for me.
- Either of you is not my friend.
- Either you or he can follow me here.
- I want to spend my each holiday in different way.
- He really enjoyed each moment passed with us.
- Everyone of you is healthy and fit according to the doctor.
- Any of you can meet the Principal regarding this issue.
- Each of us has no problem to go on the tour.
- They have each been invited in the farewell party of seniors.
- Each of you is really brave and need of the country.
- Each of us almost think in the same way.
- Neither of them described the topic very well.
- Either you or she can take admission this year.
- I have distributed the children three mangoes each.
- At this Republic day celebration, each student was given a present.
- Neither of you has taken different position according to the plan.
- Either team may win the game.
- Neither road will go to the railway station.
- I don't buy any of these two shirts.
- No one has offered me this opportunity.
- None of them is brave and does not deserve an award.
Answers: 1 – Each, 2 – Either, 3 – Neither, 4 – Each, 5 – Each, 6 – either, 7 – Neither, 8 – Everyone, 9 – each, 10 – Neither, 11 – Either, 12 – Either, 13 – each, 14 – each, 15 – Everyone, 16 – Any, 17 – Each, 18 – each, 19 – Each, 20 – Each, 21 – Neither, 22 – Either, 23 – each, 24 – each, 25 – Neither, 26 – Either, 27 – Neither, 28 – any, 29 – No one, 30 – None