World Earth Day is celebrated annually worldwide on 22nd April. World Earth Day or Earth Day is celebrated by the motto of preserving mother earth. In 1970, the first Earth Day was commemorated for paying tribute to the loss of aquatic bodies in Santa Barbara. In the below section, there are some of the important paragraphs on World Earth Day. Kindly read it as per your need.
Short and Long Paragraphs on World Earth Day
Paragraph 1 – 100 Words
World Earth Day is celebrated on 22 April annually. In the year 1970, Gaylord Nelson first introduced the concept of World Earth Day. In the year 1969, in Santa Barbara, the aquatic and terrestrial environment was highly damaged by the Oil explosion. After this sad event, he decided to commemorate a day dedicated to nature.
The trend of celebrating this day was first popular in the United States only, but later on, the world adapted it. Around the globe, more than 193 countries celebrate it on a grand level. The celebration involves environmental preservation activities. In school and colleges, skits and short plays are prepared for celebrating the earth day.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words
World Earth Day Coordinator: World Earth Day is coordinated by Non-Profit Organization EDN i.e. Earth Day Network. Earth Day is meant to establish awareness among people for preserving nature. EDN manages and decides the theme of World Earth Day. Themes are the agenda for which the day is dedicated too.
On 22nd April 1970, Billions of people came on the street with the banners and slogans of protecting earth and nature. In the year 2009, the US designated the day as “World Mother Earth Day”.
Universally earth is the only planet where life dwells. Sadly, the quality of the environment is deteriorating consistently. Nature is an integral part of the earth, but in a fast-growing world, nature is highly affected.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words
World Earth Day is the day dedicated to the integral role of earth in our lives.
Why there is a need for celebrating Earth Day?
Due to the depletion of Natural resources, the need for celebrating a day for the earth is necessary. Deforestation, Global Warming, Pollution, etc. are the major issues of the world, for fighting against these issues celebration of Earth Day is necessary. In the desire for a prosperous life, man-made activities are depleting the quality of the environment.
UN Senate realized the need for awareness among people for preserving nature, so he originated a special day for reminding the role of earth.
Growing population is also of the reason behind depleting the quality of nature. Man-made construction sites are degrading the balance of nature; it is one of the major reasons for celebrating World Earth Day. The main focus of the world earth day celebration is to protect the earth from pollution and other harmful elements. For reminding the importance of earth and its gift of nature, World earth Day is commemorated annually.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words
World Earth Day is celebrated on 22nd April annually; it aware of the people for protecting our planet. The growing population demands more space to live. This is the main reason for the cutting down of forests, more vehicles on the road, developing concrete jungle.
For all of these reasons, a specific day is introduced to the world for paying respect towards our planet. Some of the specific facts about Earth Day are the following:
- First Earth Day was commemorated on 22 April 1970.
- Gaylord Nelson was the US Senator and he realized the need for establishing a day dedicated to earth.
- In 1990, World Earth Day was recognized on the world platform.
- It is said the 1969 oil spill incident of Sant Barbara finished the zillions of aquatic entities including greenery.
- World Earth Day is followed by the Earth week.
- On 22 April 2020 world will celebrate the 50th anniversary of World Earth Day.
- For celebrating the 2020th Earth Day, EDN has announced the theme of ‘Climate Action’.
- From the past few years, the world is facing sudden climate change that is why the 50th anniversary of earth day will be commemorated by the theme of ‘Climate Change’.
- In Panama, there is a record of panting tons of orchids on Earth Day.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words
World Earth Day was introduced by Gaylord Nelson in the year 1970. Worldwide it became popular in 1990. Each year on 22nd April worldwide programs are organized for contributing individual efforts for nature.
Some of the activities usually conduct on Earth Day:
- On this day mass tree plantation programs are conducted across the world.
- Famous Environment activists deliberate their speeches.
- On the Social Media platform, the theme of World Earth Day is promoted.
- Events like cleaning roads and rivers are organized.
- Quiz competitions, slogan writing competitions, Painting Competitions, and other academic level activities are organized in schools and colleges.
- In government offices, garbage cleaning events are organized on a mass level.
- Interviews, Talk show, Photography competitions, exhibitions, etc. events also organize on a huge level on earth day.
- Residential societies organize colony and society level cleaning campaigns by volunteers.
UN Sustainable Goal: The sustainable goal of the UN was to aware people of the importance of the earth. The visionary thought of protecting the earth from getting depleted is the reason behind celebrating earth day.
Richer the Diversity, more the depletion: Our planet is rich in bio-diversities. For each organism dwelling here needs fresh air and water to survive. In the past few years, pollution is the major reason for degrading the quality of air and water.
Benefits of Celebrating Earth Day: World Earth Day gives a message to the world for treating the mother earth like our family. Societies take interest in environment preservation steps. Children acknowledge the importance of mother earth. A person contributes more to keeping the environment clean. By conducting plantation events, tons of trees planted annually on the eve of Earth Day.