Maintaining personal hygiene and cleanliness is important for everyone. Washing our hands timely with soap and water can lower down the chances of communicable diseases. We have created some of the important paragraphs on Hand wash in the below section. Kindly read it as per your need.
Short and Long Paragraphs on Hand Wash
Paragraph 1 – 100 Words
Hand Wash is a habit of cleanliness that is necessary for everyone. Our hands can be the host for viruses and bacteria; hand wash is the foremost step for preventing unwanted hosting for such harmful things.
From a very young age, we have heard the importance of hand wash and its advantages. Hand washing is the procedure of removal of any kind of dust, dirt, and bacteria or virus from our hands. If dirt will be there on our hands, it can cause health issues. Most of the Influenza diseases are caused by the physical transmission. Regular hand wash is a healthy habit.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words
Hand Wash is the act of maintaining personal hygiene. Washing hands is necessary for our hand hygiene. Hand wash does not only mean hand care but clinically it is recommended that a proper hand wash is necessary for the prevention of various diseases.
Mechanism of Hand Wash
The germs and dirt settled on hands may contain harmful viruses and bacteria. Touching eyes, mouth or nasal area with unwashed hands can infect you. As the germs present on our hands surface can enter our body through aforesaid facial entry holes.
Hand wash requires rubbing of both hands under running water with soap or hand wash. The bubbly foam-like formation is made while washing our hands. It rinses off all germs and dirt settled on our palm. This procedure of hand wash should be performed at least 20 to 30 seconds.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words
Hand Wash is a practice of hygiene and cleanliness. Doctors always recommend washing hands before normal routine work. It kills the pathogens on the surface of our hands. Pathogens are all the foreign bodies in the form of germs like bacteria, viruses or any other microorganisms. It includes all harmful chemicals too.
Washing hands before any religious ritual is even scripted in holy books. In Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, and in all other religions it is recommended that before performing any prayer or Pooja rituals washing hands is necessary. Hand washing is a simple practice it can be performed in small steps:
- Pour some water on your hands or wet your hands under running tap water.
- Apply soap or hand wash on the surface of your palm.
- Then mix it well by rubbing your palms against one another.
- Rub it gently.
- Then rinse it off by water.
- Dry your hands by using a clean towel.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words
Hand Wash is an act of cleaning hands with water and soap or similar bubbly liquid. An unwashed hand can be risky for anyone. Globally it is approved that hand wash can be a preventive measure from various diseases. Common Cold, Flu, Cholera, Diarrhea, and many diseases are mostly occurring due to dirt settled on the surface of our hands.
When hands should be washed?
It is important to wash hands timely when the chances of dirt settlement on the surface of our palms are high. One should wash his/her hands in day-to-day life:
- It is highly recommended that before cooking any meal, one should clean and wash his/her hand properly with soap or hand wash.
- Washing hands before having any meal lower down the chances of contamination of our food with any germ or dirt.
- Washing hands is necessary after using the toilet.
- If someone is dealing with a sick person, he/she should wash hands.
- One should wash their hands before and after changing the diapers or cleaning a baby.
- The person who has touched animal or feed them should wash their hands before engaging in any other activity.
- After cleaning the home, clearing the garbage, and home trash, one should wash his/her hands.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words
Hand washing is a simple practice to get ourselves secured from unwanted diseases. The importance of hand washes not only safeguards us from the exposure of virus or bacteria but it is also important for personal hygiene.
Cleaning hands with soap and water is one of the basic manners of personal hygiene. The soap or the bubbly liquid-like hand washes kills all germs and dust present on hand. It is also important that the soap used for hand wash should be kept clean and in a hygienic way.
When we came in contact with lots of persons like in our office, school, cinema hall, markets, public transport, etc., then the chances of getting infected is high. So, we should clean our hands after coming home from any public places. Washing hands will rinse off all the pathogens present on our palm we have collected from the outside environment. Some Facts about Hand Washing:
- In a survey, it is found that only 20% of people wash their hands before cooking.
- The shocking reality of diseases, 80% of communicable diseases is transmitted by physical contact or “Touch”.
- In the year 1847, Ignaz P. Semmelweis (Hungarian Obstetrician)had told that washing hands can reduce the chances of infection.
- The importance of washing hands is taught in all schools.
- There is a shocking fact that wet hands are a host of bacteria and germs than of dry hands.
- It is always recommended that after a proper hand wash of 20-30 seconds everyone should dry their hands by using a clean towel.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. We should wash our hands to keep them clean.
Ans. If we won’t wash our hands we can get communicable disease.
Ans. We should wash our hands before and after having food, while coming out of toilet and from outside.
Ans. Sanitizer is an alternative for liquid hand wash.