Social Media Platforms are a picture of the new world. Everybody has access to the internet and social media. For knowing more about Social Media, we have compiled all the interesting facts and details about Social Media in the section mentioned below under paragraphs of varying word limit. Kindly read it.
Short and Long Paragraphs on Social Media
Paragraph 1 - 100 Words
Social Media is a virtual platform of connectivity. It includes all social websites and applications that are available for the general public. Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Messengers, and WhatsApp are just operated on a single fingertip.
They connect us from people across the world. We can contact anybody through Social Media platforms. These are the best way of communication, their access is very simple. The problem of reachability is resolved due to access to Social Media Platforms.
Social networking sites and messenger applications are helping us to contact our near and dear ones; we can keep a check on each other by the single touch of a fingertip.
Paragraph 2 - 120 Words
Social Media are the web-based sites and application that gives us easy access to operate it. They are becoming popular among all, as per a report approx 2.5 billion monthly active users on Facebook alone. Instagram and Twitter have also the billions of users.
With a variety of features, social media is easy for all. Social Media is a general way of communicating with others. But, social media are these days are becoming debatable issues. As for some people they are considered a bad influence on young minds.
But like everything, there are both pros and cons of Social Media Platforms. People maintain their bonding through social Media. It is possible to connect with families, friends, and other people on a single platform.
Paragraph 3 - 150 Words
As technology is growing faster, social media platforms had made our life easy. From the continuation of the above paragraph, here I am providing advantages of Social Media:
- Connectivity: Social Media Platform is one of the best media to maintain our social networks and connectivity. People around the world connect with anyone on social media platforms.
- Social Awareness: People get to know the current happening in the world and their nation through social media. There are various informational pages that help everyone to be updated.
- For promoting the business: In the age of the E-commerce world, social media are one of the best tools for promoting a business via online mode. The reachability through social media can help anyone to expand their business and promotional pages.
- Helpful for Students: Social media modes are also helpful in the education sector. People can follow the various educational classes and teachers and get them involved in e-classes or groups.
There are many other positive aspects like fundraising activities, online meetings, etc.
Paragraph 4 - 200 Words
Nowadays social media platforms are one of the vital parts of our life. As the day starts, we keep a check on our social media and keep us updated. Although there are various positive aspects of the Social Media but study says there is some shocking side of it too:
Lacks Emotional Attachment: We can express our feelings on social media but the fact is that it is just a virtual world. People can feel aloof and detached from their friends and family due to the excessive use of Social Media Platforms.
Hurtful Comments and Irrelevant portrayal of events: There is no harm in sharing our views but sometimes people use to post hatred comments and posts, from their point of view it can be a gesture of their views but for some other, it can be content that disgrace their image. Similarly, some irrelevant content and posts are sometimes circulated through social media.
Mental Disorder: It is stated in researches that excessive use of social media platforms can give a mental disorder and stress to people.
Lethargic Body: The routine of operating social media sites can give laziness to anyone. The excessive use of the social media world as an addiction for people, they get involved in it and their day-to-day routine gets barred due to this.
Paragraph 5 - 250 Words
Social Media became a part of our lives. It’s easy to access and one of the ways for reachability to people. The web world has now zillions of users and followers. Here I am going to provide some of the amazing facts about Social Media:
- As per reports Facebook accounts have 21% of all social media traffic among other social networking sites.
- As per research, it is said that Twitter has approx 320 million monthly active users.
- Famous politicians and world level leaders have preferred twitter over any other social media.
- In some countries, some famous social media platforms are banned due to their own government policy.
- It is said that social media is one of the major modes of news circulation.
- As per a recent survey, it is said that approx 2.95 billion people have social media access annually and it is predicted that by the end of 2023 the user count will increase to almost 3.43 million.
- In the year 1997, the first social media site Six Degrees was started, it had the feature of Profile Picture upload and making new friends.
- In 1997, the first blogging site became popular and it has created a social media sensation till today.
- Facebook is the most popular social media site and it is easily accessible by all.
- WhatsApp is the second-largest social media platform.
- Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. are the safest social media sites.
- Owners of different social media platforms expanding their hands in different sectors to make users' life easy and comfortable.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Facebook is the most used Social Media Platform.
Ans. There are 448 million social media users in India.
Ans. Snapchat brought stories feature.
Ans. Microblogging is allowed by Twitter.