The type of animal husbandry, where birds are domesticated for some profit is termed as poultry farming.
Every human needs a properly balanced diet for healthy survival. This includes an adequate amount of nutrients like protein. A great source of protein is eggs and meat. They constitute a high amount of protein with less fat. Many people enjoy having this meal while some are vegetarian. This means they only consume meals free from eggs and meat. The basis of meat and farm is supported by poultry farms. Today, we will have a look at poultry farming.
Ten Lines on Poultry Farming in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Poultry Farming in the form of sets. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, 6 and all the people who want to know main points about poultry farming in short. However, other people can also seek information related to this topic from the below given lines.
1) Poultry farming is the process of raising birds for some profit.
2) Chicken, duck, goose, turkey, etc are raised in poultry farming.
3) Mainly, birds are raised for meat and eggs.
4) Poultry is a profitable business with low expenditure.
5) Under poultry farming, birds are taken proper care of for further profit.
6) Poultry farming is a high-demand business.
7) In poultry farming, birds need protection against snakes, dogs, cats, etc.
8) In poultry farming two types of chickens are reared: layers and broilers.
9) Poultry farming employs a great population in the world.
10) Suguna Foods, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) is the largest poultry farm in India.
1) Some people practice poultry for fresh eggs and meat.
2) In poultry, chickens are kept in a structure known as a chicken coop.
3) The United States is the largest producer of chicken meat on the globe.
4) Proper environmental conditions are required to keep chickens free from diseases.
5) Fowl cholera, avian influenza, infectious bronchitis, etc are the common diseases of poultry chickens.
6) Layer poultry, Broiler poultry, Intensive poultry, and Free-range poultry are the types of poultry farming.
7) Layer farming is performed for eggs and broilers for meat.
8) Poultry is a good occupation for the unemployed especially uneducated people.
9) Selling poultry products does not require much effort.
10) Poultry farming is important as eggs and meat contain essential protein for good health.
1) Hens lay eggs mostly in the warmer months of the year.
2) At 16 to 21 weeks of age, hens start laying eggs.
3) However, the production of eggs slows down after 25 weeks of age.
4) After 12 months of egg production, hens are slaughtered.
5) On average, a commercial hen is capable of producing 300 eggs annually.
6) Food and Drug Administration is responsible for controlling poultry in the US.
7) Intensive poultry and free-range poultry are mainly practiced all over the world.
8) Poultry workers suffer high rates of health issues than workers of other occupations.
9) Small poultry holder helps in reducing unemployment, poverty, and malnutrition.
10) Practicing poultry farming on small scale does not require a license while it is mandatory for large-scale farming.
1) “Poule” is a French word meaning small animal, from which the word “Poultry” has been derived.
2) According to evidence and studies, it is found that poultry originated from Southeast Asia.
3) Layer farming is more profitable than broiler farming.
4) In some poultry cross-breeding is performed to develop new characteristics and varieties.
5) Feathers, blood, and manure are the other by-product for which birds are reared in poultry farming.
6) As of the 2020 report, China is the major producer of eggs in the world.
7) The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is responsible for monitoring poultry farms in the UK.
8) The type of poultry in which chickens are left in the open air for a particular period is called Free-range poultry.
9) The wastes of chicken are used to increase soil fertility.
10) Many people perform poultry as an occupation while others just love to raise them as pets.
Like other farming practices, poultry farming plays a significant role in society. Today, the demand for meat and eggs is rising globally, thus poultry farming is important to meet the global need. However, it is not an easy occupation one needs to acquire proper knowledge while starting a poultry farm.
I hope the above provided ten lines on Poultry Farming will be useful in knowing various aspects of this farming practice.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Poultry Farming
Ans. Both male, as well as female chickens are reared for meat.
Ans. Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Cream Legbars are the three breeds that lay blue eggs.
Ans. The title of the father of poultry farming is given to Banda Vasudev Rao.