Mahatma Gandhi was the greatest leader of his times and was respected and followed by millions. He completely changed his attire wearing a simple loin cloth, which he thought would let him to connect to Indian poor. He took active part in Indian Independence Movement and lead India to the path of Independence through truth and righteousness.
Ten Lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English
Some important 10 Lines providing an insight on the life and beliefs of Mahatma Gandhi are given below-
- Born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, in Kathiawar agency, Gujarat.
- Fourth son of Karamchand Uttanchand Gandhi (1822-1885) and Putlibai (1844-1841).
- Gandhi aged 13 married Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia then aged 14, in May 1883.
- Gandhi had four sons- Hiralal (1888), Manilal (1892), Ramdas (1897) and Devdas (1900).
- Graduated High School in November 1887 from Ahmadabad.
- Left for London on 4th September 1888 to study Law from Inner Temple.
- Left for Johannesburg, South Africa in 1893, after returning to India from London in 1891.
- Effectively participated in civil Rights Movement in South Africa.
- Took charge of Indian National Congress in 1921 and participated as a leader in Indian Independence Movement till Independence was achieved.
- Shot by a Hindu Radical “Nathuram Godse” on 30th January 1948 for advocating monetary payment to Pakistan by Indian government.
Mahatma Gandhi had shown the path to millions towards independence and self rule using policies of non violence and civil disobedience. He was the greatest freedom fighter who has proved to the world that the greatest of battles could be fought and won by applying peaceful methods. We all must take active participation in celebrating Gandhi Jayanti, commemorating the birth of India’s Greatest Leader and freedom fighter and must remember his teachings and beliefs.