In the struggle to free Mother India from the clutches of British Empire many of her brave sons have lost their lives and have made extreme sacrifices for country’s freedom. Countless freedom fighters died, injured, jailed, and hanged before India gained Independence on 15th August 1947.
Ten Lines on Independence Day of India in English
The pain that freedom fighters have gone through encourages us to respect them more and live in communal harmony working towards the Nation’s development as they must have dreamt. Following are some important points (10 lines on Independence Day) related to Independence Day of India-
- It is celebrated on 15th August of every Year.
- It is observed as a National Holiday.
- It Commemorates the Nation’s struggle for freedom.
- It reminds us of the sacrifices made by the freedom fighters.
- Celebrated with much enthusiasm across all the states and union territories.
- The Prime Minister of India unfurls the flag from ramparts of Lal Quila followed by National Anthem.
- President addresses to the nation on the eve of Independence Day.
- In states Chief Ministers unfurls the flag followed by parades and cultural processions.
- Patriotic songs and movies are transmitted on Independence Day across all TV channels.
- It is one of the greatest festivals of democracy.
Independence day keep the memories of our struggle for freedom alive in our mind and let us value our culture, communal harmony and hard attained freedom more by each passing year.