Gandhi Jayanti is marked as a National Festival in India, and celebrated portraying feelings of Nationalism and patriotism. Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated with much fanfare and enthusiasm all over India, remembering the teachings and methods of the torchbearer if India’s freedom Movement. Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated amid much excitement, especially in the Schools and colleges.
Ten Lines on Gandhi Jayanti in English
10 important lines on Gandhi Jayanti are given below:
- Celebrated on 2nd October each Year to commemorate the birth of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Also celebrated as the International Day of Non violence.
- Observed as a National Holiday and one of the national festivals of India.
- India’s political elite pay their respect to Gandhi at his memorial at Rajghat, Delhi.
- Gandhi’s favorite bhajan ‘Raghupati Raghav Rajaram” is sung to remember him.
- Plays depicting Gandhi and his life are organized in Schools.
- Street marches are organized educating people about the values of truthful living.
- Marked as a dry day throughout India, with liquor and meat shops closed on Gandhi Jayanti.
- People take to cleaning their schools, offices, societies etc.
- Celebrating Gandhi Jayanti reinstalls the feeling of Nationalism and Patriotism.
We all must actively participate in Gandhi Jayanti celebrations as it commemorates the freedom fighter who showed us the way to Swaraj, applying his simple methods of truth and nonviolence. It gives us a chance of show our respect for the Father of the Nation.